Herbein blends the right mix of solid experience and industry knowledge to provide you with sound business strategies. We make it a priority to monitor legislative and regulatory changes, as well as economic trends that influence your day-to-day business.
Banks - including national banks, Federal savings associations and their subsidiaries, and Federal branches and agency offices regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) – are the second most regulated industry in the US, behind only healthcare.
US banking regulations address many specific issues including customer privacy, disclosure of assets, fraud prevention, anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism, anti-usury lending, and predatory loans.
Trust and confidence in the banking system are key tenets of the US economy, so the government holds banks accountable to specific requirements, restrictions and guidelines in order to create better market transparency. Banks and their directors, officers, employees, and shareholders need to be confident that the right risk management systems are in place.
Here's how we can help you:
- Audit, accounting, and tax services
- Regulatory reporting
- Merger, acquisition, and IPO consulting
- De novo bank start up assistance Internal audit
- Compliance reviews
- Information technology & Cybersecurity
- Trust audits
- Directors' examinations
- Loan collateral reviews
- Internal control reviews
- Analysis and implementation of accounting and regulatory pronouncements
- Audit committee structure and organization
- Fraud examinations
- Strategic planning
- Profit improvement programs
- Transaction advisory services, including due diligence assistance